Finance and Administration Manager
Be part of an exciting and rewarding environment.
Manage and motivate people to achieve their personal best.
Work within the Senior Management Team.
Receive a competitive salary package.
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Fulham Correctional Centre
Fulham Correctional Centre is located in Sale, Victoria, 200km east of Melbourne.
Fulham has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Corrections Victoria since opening in 1997. It is Victoria's largest regional correctional centre.
Fulham’s primary role is to safely and securely house up to 900 adult male prisoners and progress their sentence plans by delivering a comprehensive range of education, vocational training, reintegration and offending behaviour programs. Together, these lower a prisoner’s risk of reoffending and increase the likelihood of successful community reintegration.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Fulham Correctional Centre, General Manager you will manage all financial and administrative aspects of the Centre. This will include preparation and maintenance of accounts, financial statements, as well as maintaining GEO’s purchasing policies. You will also be responsible for stores, food services, IT, GEO’s Prisoner management system, Prisoner monies, Payroll and the Prisoner shop.
In particular your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Implementation, management, review and approval of all financial and administrative aspects of Fulham Correctional Centre, including but not limited to preparation and maintenance of accounts, records, financial statements and staff payroll.
- Management of finance, administration, information technology, foods services, and purchasing and the associated policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of the Centre’s annual budget, monitors budget performance and advises stakeholders of the budget status including financial trends.
- Oversees and manages the relevant procurement contracts and procurement systems.
- Oversees the delivery of prisoner services, including canteen, stores and kitchen.
- Assists in the overall Centre planning activities.
- Participates in Centre management committees, policy and procedure development, continuous improvement and other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
- Liaises with the client on contract management issues as required.
- Provides regular advice to GEO Head Office with regards to functional responsibility issues relevant to the correctional centre.
- Provides liaison between the Administrative and Finance Department and other Centre Departments.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A degree in accounting or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Practical working knowledge of Australian Standards of Accounting and Commercial accounting practices.
- Experience in a similar senior management position;
- Ability to contribute to the philosophical, strategic and financial development of the business.
- Sound knowledge of financial, administrative and computerised procedures relating to business practices in a medium/large organisation.
- A sound knowledge of contract compliance within a service delivery environment.
- Highly developed communication, negotiating and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of community, specialist and management groups.
- Ability to develop and establish innovative guidelines and procedures that contribute to efficiency of the businss.
- Alignment with the Company values; integrity; respect; accountable; agile; innovation.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Current membership of a professional accounting body, such as CPA would be highly regarded (desirable).
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
For further information regarding the role and to review the key selection criteria please to refer to the position description.
For further enquiries, please contact Human Resources Manager Mr Marcus Vella, on (03) 5142 3806 or at email@example.com
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged
Applications Close – Sunday 5 April 2020.